Thursday, May 28, 2009

siblings


this evening i took my kids to go see puppies....adorable, lick your face puppies. we lost our family dog a couple of months ago and it broke my heart. my oldest still cries herself to sleep wishing for her best friend. so i know that looking for a new dog is part of the healing process. so we look. and we found. we found the most beautiful little puppy. the catch? well she has a brother that she loves. a brother she wrestles with, runs with, nips at him loves....one can't live without the other kind of love. i get it. i love my brothers and sisters like that too. we don't really nip at each other but we still can't live without each other. so how can i say no? i really get it......

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Need I bring up the rabbit incident? Pray, and pray hard. Oh yeah, and remember where you'll be in 3 weeks for 10 days. Might want to wait 'til you return?...

Cheryl said...

Hi Sheli, Thanks for including me on your blog! You share your thoughts so well - I can just picture you talking and laughing:)

Yah about the puppies - are you going for one for each child so that they'll not either fight over who gets the dog or fight over each other :)

Are you getting excited for Africa? Cal is there now. I just finished emailing him. He's in Congo and Rwanda - having quite the experience. I'm excited for you!