Thursday, February 28, 2013

Entering the darkness.

 

She lit a candle. Tall. Placed in a beautiful holder. She took out a large package of matches. The type that you buy knowing that unless you have a fireplace and live in the Midwest you will never use. But here in my living room she brought them. Here she lights the candle and says. “Look “. I look closely at the light the small candle brought to the room. She went on to gently remind me. The darkness you feel. The darkness you think you brought back with you does not exist here. Our God. Our faithful God is an all-consuming fire. He consumes all the darkness. He breathes and the darkness is gone. The darkness is gone. He will consume it. It cannot exist. You have been sealed. Sealed by the blood of Christ your soul has been purchased. The all-powerful the all-consuming fire has purchased your soul. The darkness doesn’t have you. It cannot. It will not claim you.

She then let me weep. Weep for the heaviness that I have been carrying in my soul.Wearing on my face. For the circumstances going on around me that I cannot control. The wounds and rawness that most conversations reveal. For the decisions that others are making that I am grieving so deeply about. For the relationships that are no longer that have left am emptiness in my being. She prayed words of truth over me as tears pulled down my face. She spoke scripture and reassurances that had been buried in my mind.

This morning I woke to light a candle. Carrying it into each room I enter. To remind me. That God is here. He is consuming the darkness. He is protecting me. He is healing me. In this truth I rest. And in this truth I seek hope.

This is the way God works. Over and over again He pulls our souls back from certain destruction so we’ll see the light-and live in the light.- Job 33:29-30 msg.

No comments: